Sunday, May 17, 2009

FLAT STANLEY


What an adventure! A few months ago Rease mailed Erica a letter. It was about Flat Stanley. Flat Stanley is a boy that became flat when a bulletin board fell on him. He was mailed in an envelope to California to see his friend. Rease mailed him to us so she can learn about Kentucky. Erica took Stanley to school with her for a day and then he mostly hung out on the fridge so he wouldn't get lost. Well, being the procrastinating person I am, I decided it was time to mail him back to Rease. So I took Stanley to Keeneland today and took his picture on the welcome sign. Then I had to go to Rite-Aid and get him developed. When the photos were complete, I was making sure they were ok and was chatting with the photo man about the importance of these photos. The man to my right said "Oh yeah, I know Flat Stanley." I figure Flat Stanley has made his way around!! Well, as my sweet loving sister proclaimed to my mom, "WHY DID YOU MAIL HIM TO JENNY??? Why didn't you send him to Donna. " (I guess my procrastination is no secret) . I am now returning Stanley first thing in the morning to Westside Intermediate School so Rease will finally have her turn to tell her classmates about Stanley's visit to Lexington, KY.Now to get Erica to write that letter.........

1 comment:

  1. We were so glad to get Flat Stanley home! Rease was sure he was gone forever! ! LOL ! !

    ReplyDelete